In a recent post, we alerted you to the fact that when you tag a photo, status update or post on your Facebook, then the Friends of the people you tag can see and comment on that post.
In this follow up post we want to show you how to prevent this using your Privacy Controls.
When you post a photo, video, or status update of any kind, you can use your Privacy Controls to customise who can see and comment on them.
- When you post a Status Update (this can include posting a photo or video, or a Life Event) on your wall, click on the Privacy Settings button in the bottom right of the box next to the Post button. The Privacy Settings button usually defaults to Friends.
- Click on the Custom link.
- Uncheck the Friends of those tagged option.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- You will see that there are also options for setting who specifically will, and will not see what you are posting.
This process can be used for photo albums, individual photos, videos, status updates and life events.
If you have any questions you would like us to answer regarding any form of social media security, please do not hesitate to comment below, or on our Facebook page at: